Sunday, October 17, 2010

In Loving Memory

Well I have had a sad couple of weeks. My wonderful Grandmother died on Oct. 6th 2010. Her name was Doris Basha. She was the wonderful woman who taught me how to crochet plastic bags. She was always crafty and LOVED to make thing with her hands. She loved learning new crafts. I have early memories of her crafting something new each time we would visit. Along with my mother, she was my craft inspiration and mentor. She was originally from Greenville, NH but moved to Florida when she and my Grandfather did not want to live in the NH winters anymore. One afternoon, in the meeting hall, someone taught her how to crochet with plastic bags. On her next trip to NH she had a bag for myself and all her other grandchildren. I was so excited about this new craft I asked her to show me. She, as most grandmothers do, took the time to come to my house and show me step by step how to cut, string and crochet the plastic bags into bags. I was so excited that I made several of those bags and then designed several other bags, bowls, baskets, water bottle holders, clutches and so much more. I will continue to keep her alive through my bags and I treasure her with all my heart. Here are some of the wonderful pictures I have of her.

The last time my Grammie was in NH



Grammie and I with a bunch of plastic bag material. :)

1 comment:

Danielle M. said...

Those last three pictures I have never seen before. I'm so glad that you have a picture of you both making bags. :)

So many bags...so little time!

So many bags...so little time!